November 19, 2010
Hello, It's Your November Contents of Reminders:
2. Winter Arrrangements
3. Author Jeff Forester to speak about Organic Free Range Christmas Trees and forest ecology - NEXT MONDAY
4. Local goods marketplace: Green Friday
5. Small Business Saturday
6. Fun and Joy
1. and 2. In case you have your head in the sand as much as most of us do, here's fair warning: Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so you may wish to fancy up your digs with some beautiul garland or an inspired pot full of winter sticks and such.
We have these items at the store, and this weekend looks like the calm before the freeze. SO, if you don't want to pour boiling water into the frozen dirt in your windowbox, swing over Saturday or Sunday to lay claim to what's yours. Then let it snow and freeze and snizzle, etc. while you cozy up with friends, pets, family or a great book and enjoy both the loveliness and Thanksgiving, if you are so inclined.
3. NEXT MONDAY, November 29th at 7pm, Jeff Forester, author of Forest for the Trees; How Humans Shaped the Northwoods, will join us for a conversation about forest ecology and a discussion about our "Organic Free Range" Christmas Tree. The talk will take place across the street from Mother Earth Gardens at the Riverview Wine Bar. Beverages will be available for purchase, and we will open the store after the class for those who would like to see Jeff and Will Steger's trees, as well as our first delivery of sustainably farmed trees from Henry Anderson. More interesting info, including What Is This Organic Free Range Tree You Speak Of, on our wintery Products page or click the Christmas Tree on the home page.
There is no charge for the discussion, but there will be limited seating, so we ask you to please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. and 5. Since Green is the new Black, we have gotten the store completely ready for what we now refer to as Green Friday. Our local, handmade, recycled and just pretty goods and gifts are arranged in what can only be described as An Inspired Display. Unique and thoughtful gifts, ornaments, winter bulbs, and all manner of wreath, centerpiece, bucket o' winter greenery, etc. Start your Christmas shopping locally, and while your at it, check out Small Business Saturday, sponsored by American Express. Registered cardholders get a $25 statement credit for shopping at a small business on Saturday, November 27th.
Specific info at: facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday.
6. Let's bring some Fun and Joy back into the holidays. It's been a rough few years for a lot of people, and we are so grateful for our customers, co-workers, vendors, friends and families. Come spend a little time with us; it smells of balsam and wood fire, the store is overflowing with beauty and so much of it has been lovingly grown, harvested, built and decorated by hand, by a person that you might know.
Have a great holiday.
P.S. Santa is still checking his calendar and will get back to us. We'll let you know.